Sunday, February 19, 2012

Entrée


So the story goes….British girl immersed in the fabulously deep fried and debatably Southern Sunshine state of Florida.

A year long foreign exchange at the University of Florida from my home University in Manchester , UK, has left me consumed with Gator Football spirit and a desire to share my adventures on both sides of the pond. 

I come from a tiny village in the English countryside called Giggleswick , (moderately amusing, I get it) set amongst the rolling hills of the Yorkshire dales. I study International Management and Business but my real passion lies in the glorious pleasures of FOOD. I love to eat out, cook, experiment, invent and imagine with it.  However I don’t believe that cooking should be scientific, complicated or refined. I don’t fuss over little details but instead find solace in making wholehearted, tasty and easy recipes that anyone could make without lots of utensils or expensive, hard to find ingredients. There are very few foods I dislike (coriander being one and fennel the other) so I appreciate eating out at any kind of restaurant apart from where the cuisine has been not so carefully hand prepared in the microwave. Don’t be mistaken though. I am actually somewhat partial to the microwave as it provides me with the riggings for my favourite food of all…….leftovers!

My blog is designed for anyone who loves food and perhaps doesn’t have time to slave over a hot stove with a timer and some kind of dubiously devised basting instrument. I would also love to share some of the experiences that I am having in such an exciting part of my life as well as some fond memories allied with some great recipes and ideas that I would love for you to try.

You can expect some of my own recipes, restaurant ideas and culinary adventures as well as some lovingly chosen guest participants from a little English country village and the great and powerful United States!

I really do hope that you enjoy it.


Here is a picture of Giggleswick in the snow....


3 comments:

  1. You have such a great blog! :)

    Greetings from Finland,
    curiousnoora.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Noora...I followed you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh i have so much fun reading your post, lovely blog! :) I would love to see more English countryside photos.

    http://minna-karoliina.blogspot.fi/

    ReplyDelete